FileMan is one of the webs first and most complete corporate web based storage and file management solution for intra- and internet. FileMan is one of the webs first and most complete corporate web based storage and file management solution for intra- and internet.
It runs on Microsoft IIS webservers and is written in 100% ASP. It resembles Windows Explorer and offers functions like: Upload, Download, (Wysiwyg) Editor, Copy, Move, SendTo, Rename, (Un)Zip, Map drives, File descriptions, Send files by email, File encryption.
It is highly configurable and has many advanced features like: NTLM Authentication, Languages, IP blocking, UNC paths, multiple RootFolders, Disk quota, Recycle Bin, Automated user subscriptions. All user and group settings are stored in an easy-to-use MS Access or scalable SQL database.
You can also use existing NT accounts to give users access to their home drive, from anywhere on the web. A Zip control is included, and the full version also includes licensed ActiveX controls for robust Upload and AES Encryption! Examples of use
- Manage files and folders from anywhere on the web using a browser, replacing traditional FTP.
- Upload and download files without controls (up to about 50MB), or use the control included in the full version (files up to 2GB, fast, robust, low memory usage)!
- Ideal for admins and webmasters: full control over all files and folders on the server and shares (UNC paths).
- Schools and offices: give users easy access to their own home drive and shared folders. Built-in support for NT accounts.
- Provide web based storage for anyone: multiple languages, automated subscription process by email and automatic account cleanup.
- You are in full control of what functions and buttons are available to users by defining many advanced Group and User settings.
- Web-based admin pages for Group and User settings, powerful global settings, Supports UNC paths Support for multiple RootFolders: configurable for each rootfolder (Display name, Disk quota, Read-only)
- Allow users to access their files from anywhere on the web, inter- or intranet! Allow users to subscribe themselves with an email address.
- Windows NT and Windows 2000 integration. Support for NTLM Authentication, specify what NT users or groups can access FileMan through NTFS permissions, use your existing NT accounts to give users access to the NT home drive defined in their profile!
- FileMan Groups: define groups of users with similar settings and permissions, simplifying administration. Set users as group admin (manage members and group settings)
- Language support for the end user interface: BR, CA, CN, DE, DK, ES, FR, GR, IT, NL, NO, PT, RU, SE, TH, TR, TW, US
- Site integration: Integrate FM security on your pages with a simple include statement, Define a Start Page where Group users are taken after login
- Security: IP blocking, Hide items by name, Hide Read-only & System items, Extensive logging (optionally to a database), Save passwords encrypted
- Scalable multi-user system using an MS Access or SQL database. Use 1000's of users in a SQL setup!
Advanced user functions
- View and manage files and folders, Rightclick context menu, Smart file select
- Show extended file info from context menu (Author, Comments, Version, etc.)
- Efficient PureASP Up- and download without additional controls (
FileMan 6.7 is a ASP script for File Management scripts design by iisworks.com.
It runs on following operating system: Windows. Operating system: